This Council notes:
1) the thriving of local towns and their businesses in Trafford is of high importance.
2) Trafford residents should be encouraged to support local businesses, as we head into the festive season, and to shop locally.
3) Shorter journeys to nearby town centres produce less carbon emissions than longer journeys to shopping centres further away, such as the Trafford Centre and Cheshire Oaks.
4) In previous years Council has implemented a ‘Free after Three’ scheme over the festive period.
Therefore, this Council resolves:
1) To instate free car parking after 3 p.m. in all Council run carparks from late November 2023 until early January 2024.