From providing outstanding levels of social care to keeping our council tax the lowest in Greater Manchester, the Conservative Administration delivered continuously for the local community here in Trafford.
Losing control of the Council in May, was a bitter blow and now in opposition we must hold the coalition to account and ensure they deliver the Vision for Trafford. Trafford has functioned as a modern, vibrant and efficient metropolitan borough. From securing the regeneration of the town centres of Altrincham, Urmston & Partington, exciting plans for Sale & Stretford, the Conservatives in Trafford have supported the borough in prospering into the modern and lively borough that we live in today.
The Conservative councillors on Trafford Council have supported many community projects and schemes in their respective electoral wards, from helping out with the ‘in-bloom’ floral partnerships in towns across the borough to the redevelopment of local libraries and continued support of many community centres.
However, the proudest achievement of the Trafford Conservatives has to be the support given to establish Trafford’s outstanding education system. Supporting all forms of education in the borough, especially the Grammar School system, has allowed Trafford to be recognised as one of the best boroughs in the country for education.
We believe that investment in our collective future benefits everyone.
Overall, the Conservative Administration has supported exceptional education for all in the borough, continuous investment, and communities coming together.
With now a potentially unstable Labour Council, propped up by the Liberal Democrats, the Conservative opposition’s main aim must be to ensure that the people in Trafford can continue to build upon and benefit from the plans made by the outstanding Conservative administration. Delivering the on-going prosperity, health and wellbeing for the residents, community groups and businesses of Trafford. The Conservative Council delivered a balanced budget this year, making ZERO cuts and we will be seeking to make sure that future budgets produced by a Labour/Liberal Democrat coalition will be the same.
Seeking to ensure “no one held back, no one left behind”.
We will hold with the values that only Trafford Conservatives have, fighting to ensure that the Labour /Liberal Democrat coalition continue to keep the breadth of Educational establishment’s that we have fought to keep in Trafford be it Academies, Faith or Grammar Schools and our diversity of academic choices and that Labour and the Liberal democrats do not attempt to diminish their ability to grow and flourish.
In addition, we will seek to:-
- Keep council Tax the Lowest in the Northwest.
- Keep the Crime rate the Lowest in GM.
- Opens more Libraries and charge no fees.
- Support UA92, harnessing the benefits that a university can offer to Trafford and its young people.
- Maintain our outstanding Social Care.
- Keep our unemployment at record low figures.
- Develops the Vision and the health and wellbeing strategy taking us into 2031.
- Ensure a home building strategy focusing on brown field sites first.
- Work with Business to make Trafford the go to place to start or grow a new business.
- Develop the plans we had in place to develop a Tech corridor in Trafford that focus on innovation and media.
- Develop our plans to make Trafford a Borough of Sporting excellence.
- Keep up the work to reduce the use of plastic in the borough.
- Keep the promise on reducing air pollution.
- Invest the millions set aside for pot holes into all the wards in the borough, and producing a record of spend in each ward and on which roads.
- Producing a balanced budget.
- Keep Labour to its 100 Pledges.