The proudest achievement of the Trafford Conservatives Team has been the support and relentless fight we have undertaken to maintain Trafford’s outstanding education system -
Conservatives Support a diverse range of education, by standing up for CHOICE.
One of the main reasons people tell us that they move to Trafford is for our Schools, Trafford is recognised as one of the best boroughs in the country for education.
We believe that investment in our early year’s benefits everyone.
Trafford Conservatives have fought to keep -
Academies, Faith, Grammar Schools, private schools, free schools - a diversity of academic choices.
The Labour, Liberal democrats and Green Party seek to dismantle our educational choices here in Trafford. Taking it back to the 1970's with one school fits all mentality - It didn't work then and it won't work now.
Trafford Conservatives will seek to:-
- Keep council Tax the low
- Protect our schools.
- Deliver more Bobbies on the Beat on the streets in Trafford.
- Bring in Weekly Bin Collections.
- Deliver outstanding Social Care.
- Ensure a home building strategy focusing on brown field sites and a local plan.
- Work with Business to make Trafford the go to place to start or grow a business.
- Develop a Tech Corridor in Trafford that focus on innovation and media.
- Make Trafford a Borough of Sporting excellence working with our sporting legends.
- Reduce the use of plastic in the borough and focus on a recycling strategy.
- Lead on reducing air pollution with Green incentive schemes such as Electric Vehicle Charging Points throughout the borough free to use for 2 years to incentive people to move to electric cars. and an “Every Spare Space” Tree planting scheme.
- Invest to rid the borough of pot holes.
- Invest in a long term meaningful cycling strategy working with our schools.
- Produce a balanced budget.